Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A good morning

When I woke up this morning, I was confused about what day it was... because I woke up two minutes before my alarm goes off, which is unheard of for me. This was a good sign; a sign that I'd went to bed at the right time and got just the right amout of sleep.  

So, I got out of bed and was surprised to see snow outside...  I know I should watch the weather report more, but getting snow as a surprise is a very welcome surprise.  It looked so beautiful. 

I started the dryer so my kids could have warm clothes when they come home from their dad's house to get dressed for the day. 

I bundled up to go out in the snow.  I knew that if I waited, when Palmer arrived with the kids, he would shovel my walk for me.  But I have a sense of independence this morning, and a need to take care of my own, so I grabbed the broom and started at my work. 

The snow is still falling, and it is a light beautiful snow.  It swept off the steps and sidewalk with ease, and I paused periodically to just enjoy it.  It is quiet.... and peaceful.... I could hear the snow hitting my coat.  

My new gloves, hat and scarf kept me toasty warm, and I felt blessed.  

It is a good morning.  

3 comments:

earthmama said...

what a great morning...what a beautiful way to see it. love you, mama... <3

corscorp said...

Lovely!

Unknown said...

:)