It has been an incredible year, full of ups and downs. But even those downs have taught me so much about myself, life, and the people I love. Here is a random list of 20 things I've done and learned this year.
1. I embraced my beauty, not just despite my size, but because of it.
2. I had the joy of watching my best friend, Linda, marry the man of her dreams and become a mom in the process.
3. I liberated my arms and loved wearing sleeveless shirts!
4. I was forced to accept that my dad isn't Superman as I coped with his cancer diagnosis
5. I felt empowered after a long road trip with just my three girls. Yes I can drive long distances all by myself!
6. I visited some of my amazing APU sisters: Corey, Whit, Holly, Beth, and Lisa <3
7. I continued fighting my depression.
8. I found strength that I never knew I had as I dealt with a break in my marriage
9. I experienced independence, as I lived alone for the first time in my life.
10. I learned about crystals, and began wearing them daily.
11. I heard a musician combine Tom Petty - Free Fallin with Snoop Dogg - Gin and Juice at a restaurant in Tampa.
12. I found wisdom in tarot.
13. I fell in love with a vampire and a werewolf!
14. I celebrated as my girls turned 3, 12, and 16.
15. I found a new companion - in Mojo - a little orange kitten.
16. I was blessed with several amazing days with my grandmother during her final moments of life.
17. I learned what is important to me - what I want in life - what I deserve.
18. I found my voice.
19. I discovered that I am my husband's one and only love, and that he is willing to fight for it.
20. I experienced the reunion of my little family, and we finally felt whole again.