Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008... in review

So this it.... the last chance to blog in year 2008.  I better make this good, huh?

It has been an incredible year, full of ups and downs.  But even those downs have taught me so much about myself, life, and the people I love.  Here is a random list of 20 things I've done and learned this year.  

1. I embraced my beauty, not just despite my size, but because of it. 
2. I had the joy of watching my best friend, Linda, marry the man of her dreams and become a mom in the process. 
3. I liberated my arms and loved wearing sleeveless shirts! 
4. I was forced to accept that my dad isn't Superman as I coped with his cancer diagnosis 
5. I felt empowered after a long road trip with just my three girls.  Yes I can drive long distances all by myself!
6.  I visited some of my amazing APU sisters: Corey, Whit, Holly, Beth, and Lisa <3
7. I continued fighting my depression. 
8. I found strength that I never knew I had as I dealt with a break in my marriage 
9. I experienced independence, as I lived alone for the first time in my life. 
10. I learned about crystals, and began wearing them daily.  
11. I heard a musician combine Tom Petty - Free Fallin with Snoop Dogg - Gin and Juice at a restaurant in Tampa.  
12. I found wisdom in tarot. 
13. I fell in love with a vampire and a werewolf!  
14. I celebrated as my girls turned 3, 12, and 16. 
15. I found a new companion - in Mojo - a little orange kitten.
16. I was blessed with several amazing days with my grandmother during her final moments of life. 
17. I learned what is important to me - what I want in life - what I deserve.
18. I found my voice. 
19. I discovered that I am my husband's one and only love, and that he is willing to fight for it.
20. I experienced the reunion of my little family, and we finally felt whole again.  


2 comments:

corscorp said...

Reading this makes me feel so good! Your successes lift me up. :)

Allison said...

Thank you so much sweetie! I'm glad it had that affect on you. <3