Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Divorce Process

I started the divorce paperwork this weekend. I'd been procrastinating, which is fairly typical of me. When I find myself procrastinating something, I try to analyze the reasons why - and this one was fairly easy - it is hard work! There are no emotional attachments to the marriage that are stopping me in this. It is just the technicality of pulling together all the necessary information to get this done. It is like 3 times as hard as doing my taxes!

But the process is underway; I've started and will keep plugging away at it daily until it is done. There are a million forms to complete, parenting classes to sign up for, and money needed for the filing fees. Lets not forget the ongoing discussions with Palmer on visitation and other issues that need to get worked into the paperwork.

I'd tried to get him to sit down with me so that we could get this done together, but as was the norm throughout our marriage, he thought I'd just do it and present it to him to preview. I keep asking myself why I expect more from him now than I did during the relationship.

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

Big hugs :) I know it can't be easy, but hopefully it will be over sooner than later!