Tuesday, November 25, 2008

An update of sorts

I've have a hard time blogging lately.  I want to get my thoughts out, but I've been overwhelmed with life in general, and I just can't get the words right.  But, I figured at least an update would do. 

1)  My Dad - He had a couple of scans last week, and the doctor came dancing in the room with the results.  His scans all appear clear of cancer.  The lumps he was feeling recently as the swelling in his legs decreased are just fluid pockets.  Speaking of the swelling.... he has been going to a lympadema clinic daily for weeks now, getting his legs wrapped with compression bandages from the foot to the hip.  Each toe even has to be wrapped separately.  It is a rather tedious process, but it is working!  His body is learning to flush itself of the extra fluids.  He has ordered compression stockings, which he'll wear daily for the rest of his life.  Hoping those arrive this week.   

2) Alaina - Alaina is pottying!  I haven't bought a pack of diapers in well over a week.  I declared this house to be diaper-free.  So, she can wear a diaper or pull up at bedtime and nap but all other times she wears panties.  She also spends quite a bit of nakie time.  I told her she could wear diapers/pullups at the babysitters and Daddy's house, but not here.  She transitioned well into that idea, and has begun using the potty at the other houses too. Yesterday she only needed one pullup at the babysitters because she used the potty all day.  I'm so proud of her and glad that we are making this transition.  

3)  Paige - What to say about Paige..... well she is in that tweendom stage that is so exasperating and energizing all at the same time.  We have those moments where we can't stand each other and have to be in separate rooms, and then the others where she can't wait to share with me all of the secrets and stories of her life, and just talks a mile a minute.  She brought home her progress report from school yesterday, and there are a few grades she could be working harder on.  I'm going to start requiring a little more effort on the school front.  

4) Chelcie - We talk to Chelcie every week, and I miss her dearly.  She is doing very well though - so I'm glad she is in the environment that she is.  Her grades are great - she is studying hard and really putting forth the effort it needs.  She will be turning 16 yrs old in a few weeks, and I just can't believe my baby is growing up so fast.  

5) My Mom - She is retiring!  December 31st is the official day.  I'm so happy for her to make this transition so she can enjoy traveling and all the crafts she loves.  My parents are planning to spend the entire month of February in Florida at my grandmother's house and are also crossing their fingers for tickets to the presidential inauguration in January.

6) The Economy - Wow... what to say.  It is taking its toll on so many, and the state government is no exception.  Work has been crazy as we look at ways to cut costs without hurting programs, a very difficult task.  And, for my personal economic issues... I'm planning on taking a second job very soon.  Still looking and trying to find one that will fit my schedule.  This paycheck-to-paycheck stuff is for the birds!

So, that is the general update on life!  Now that I've caught up, I might actually keep bloggin!   

2 comments:

corscorp said...

LYLAS

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update. I've been reading regularly, but this is the first time I've been able to comment in a while, for some unknown technical reason.

Love ya!