Monday, July 7, 2008

Where does she get this stuff?

I thoroughly enjoyed Alaina today. Her little mind just amazes me. I can never figure out where she learns the stuff she knows. It just cracks me up sometimes watching her brain work.

So, today we talked about vacation we are taking in August. We talked about the drive, who was going with us and who we are going to visit. She was so excited! I told her all the names of our friends we'll see on the way... Corey, Rhetta, Willon, Whit, etc etc and with each name she repeated it with this high-pitched voice, almost a squeal. She was so excited.

So, I told her we were going to Corey's house and she promptly said "That'd be fun! I'm gonna camp out!"
Hmmm - we've never camped out before, nor did we talk about camping at Corey's house, so I was curious where she got this. I say "What do you know about camping out?"
Her response....
"Hmmm... Let me think." I'm driving and can't see her expression in the mirror - but I can just imagine her finger on her chin with the Steve from Blues Clues thinking look.
Then she states "I need to camp to look up at the stars and see what they are doing."

Oh my sweet girl. She has her own ideas about beauty and I love it. At two years old she is excited to camp and look up at the stars. So - that we will do! We'll lay on blankets in Corey's yard at night and look at the stars so my little girl can see what the stars are doing at night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah, stars. Making memories is what it's all about, huh?