Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Business of Being Born

I'd heard wonderful things about this documentary and finally had a chance to sit and watch it.

It is such a wonderful feeling to finally have a documentary that is targeted towards the mainstream that confirms all I've known and experienced about my own childbirths.

I love seeing Ina May after being such a fan of hers and learning so much from her experiences.

It was awesome to hear other women who've had natural births talk about hitting the wall - the fear that you can't do this - and then being able to push past that and do it anyways. And the extreme euphoria after birth - the empowerment - the feeling that I could do anything, I'd never give it up.

If you have not yet seen this film - you must. Take the time. Even if you aren't planning children or planning on more children. Arm yourself with the information so you may share it with others.

http://www.thebusinessofbeingborn.com/

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

I felt the same way about it!