Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My anniversary

Today is my one year anniversary at my new job. One year ago today, I had a brand new outlook on life. I walked into the new office with my head held high - and haven't looked back since!

Truthfully though, I did a lot of looking back for the first few weeks. After giving so much of myself to a company for 9 years and not getting the necessary appreciation in return, I left with quite a bit of bitterness. It doesn't help that I now still work with this agency, so I can't say goodbye to it completely. But, maybe it really has helped - helped me see all the horror that I left behind and the freshness and peace that I've stepped into. I know some of you think that I'm probably being a bit dramatic - referring to the horror. But really, that old job was a horror. But as this is about my fresh new place - I'm not even going to dwell on it.

So, for the last year I've gone to work everyday with a group of new people, made new friends, built relationships, gained confidence in myself and those around me and felt truly blessed to be in an environment where I can grow and give of myself wihtout fear of the consequences.

Not once, in the entire year, have I ever not wanted to go to work. Now don't get me wrong - I have my mornings after a night with little sleep where I don't want to get out of bed - but it has never been attributed to my job. Never have I dreaded going to work.

In this last year, I've learned that I can lead meetings with ease, discuss high-level topics with the elite management and hold my own. I've learned that work can be an enjoyment - a place of pleasure and peace.

I'm so grateful for this year, what it has taught me, and I look forward to the many more that are yet to come.

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

I am so glad you love your work :)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!