Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'm a Cheer Mom!

I never thought this would happen - but I'm a Cheer Mom! Paige has joined a Competition Cheer Team at our local gym and today was her first practice. She was really very good and I'm glad she has decided to join.

I see her confidence building and her enthusiasm too too. She is going to be quite the athlete. She already has plans to cheer in high school, then at KU and finally as a Denver Broncos cheerleader. She has some good goals!

I know some people think that cheerleading is just a bunch of girls wearing short skits and trying to look cute. But - watching these girls practice you can see the true athleticism that it requires.

Now - I also got the list of items we need to buy (I'm scared). She needs practice tank, tee, and shorts. Warm up pants and jacket. Shoes. Uniform. Hair bow and maybe even some fake hair!! They all have to wear their hair the same for competitions and her hair might not style the same as the other girls. We'll have to do some work on that.

So - all in all - it was a positive night. I'm looking forward to her involvement.

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

I can't wait to see pictures! :)