Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I LOVE Barack Obama!

This morning as I watched my little Alaina walk up the stairs to daycare, I had this overwhelming love for the country she will grow up to know.  She will never be a child that will question her ability to become president - if she chose that path.  For as long as time, a black child never really felt like they could grow up to be president.  Now the day is here where that is a valid dream for the millions of black children in our country. 

Speaking of Alaina - tonight when I turned on the ball - I pointed to the screen and said "who is that?"  Alaina yelled "Arack Abama!"  I said "Yes - He is our President!"  Her response - "Yes!  He is OUR President!  He is my President.  He is Betty's President.  He is Paige's President.  I LOVE Arack Abama!"  

I watched the swearing in this morning at a bar/grill around the corner from my job.  I got their early and got a good seat and was soon joined by a crowd of people, pulling up chairs, standing in rows.  I shared this experience with two friends a crowd of strangers.  It was just as it should be.  
Today is a monumental day.  Not just for our country, but for me personally.  I do believe this is the first day of my life that I have ever felt patriotic. I'm proud to be an American.  I'm proud to be a part of a country full of amazing people who are all so eager to work hard towards a better future for our country.   

No comments: